28 January 2010

Sample Credit Card Cancellation Letter

Since our PM announced on the Service Tax of credit card in the Budget 2010. I believe most of us starts to cut on the number of their credit cards. Most of the bank requires you to write in an official letter in order to cancel your credit card. Calling the bank alone wont be enough. So I browse through the internet to look for some sample on the cancellationletter. Below are 2 samples I found on the internet.

Sample 1 (More Formal Approach)

[
Cancellation Letter Company]

[1234 
Cancellation Street]
Cancellation City, Cancel 12345

Re: John Doe; Account No. 0987654321 (“My Account”)
Cancellation of Account

Dear Sir or Madam:

Please allow this 
letter to serve as my request to immediately cancel my account with your company. I have included my check No. 1234 in the amount of $10.00 as full and final payment due on My Account. As a result, all of my obligations related to My Account have been satisfied and I expect that no future charges will be authorized on My Account. Immediately upon your receipt of this letter, please confirm the foregoing. Please be advised that in the event I do not hear from your company to the contrary within ten (10) days from your receipt of this letter, I will assume that the facts set forth in this letter are correct and will close my file accordingly.

Sincerely,

Signature Here____________________

Cancelling Member

Address of Cancelling Member

Phone Number of Cancelling Member

Account Number of Cancelling Member

Source: 
Info Barrel

-----------------------------------------
Sample 2 (Simpler Approach)

[Your name]
[Your address]
[Date]

Dear Sir or Madam:

Please let this 
letter serve as notice that I am terminating my credit card account effective immediately. Please close the following account:
Credit Card Company: ____________
Account Number: ________________

Please send me written confirmation that my account has been closed. Also, please confirm that you have notified all appropriate 
credit card bureaus that this account was closed at my request.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,
[Your Signature]

Source: 
Dolans.com

3 comments:

  1. This is one useful post. These samples of termination letter are exactly what I am looking for. Thank you!

    Satyesm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta favorite this website it seems very helpful . dlrcollectionagency.com

    ReplyDelete